ARTS & SCIENCES COMPETITION:
This competition in the FIBER ARTS honors the faithful Penelope – who wove an unending project for 20 years while waiting for her husband Odysseus to come home from the Trojan Wars. (She un-wove the project every night so she would never finish the job and have to choose a new husband & king.)
1) Entries may be completed or in progress.
2) Entries must be a type of fiber art (not fabric art) that was used in ancient or period times. This includes embroidery, weaving, lucet-braiding, kumihimo cording, knitting, sprang, lace-making, etc. If the entry is fiber art worked on garb, the garb is not considered part of the entry.
3) Simple documentation is required – shouldn’t be much longer than an index card:
* Your name & phone number on the BACK of your page/card.
* The name of the fiber art and (roughly) when & where it was used.
* The materials you used.
* Your inspiration for this piece.
4) Submit your entry at Troll: we will have index cards on hand if you need to write it up on site.
5) Entries will be displayed on tables in the north hall after Troll closes (noon).
6) Judging will be done in the afternoon, with results announced before feast if possible.